Sunday, October 30, 2011

I Hear You! (Weeks 15-16)

Today our little bean is the size of an avocado. They say that all of the organs and body pieces are formed they are just growing stronger and larger now. I also read that our little one can hear me now. It probably sounds like I am deep in a water well but that hasn't stopped me from leaning over and talking to my stomach like a loon.

It's been a very stressful past two weeks at work. I've had a couple of large projects that have kept me at work late and often very tense throughout the day. I have to catch myself in one of these moments and realize that my tension is probably making the baby tense too. I have to consciously relax my muscles and take a few deep breaths. I then take a second to rub my belly and say "sorry" to my now hearing fetus.

Mike, who is the one who usually informs me of the new growths our baby is encountering has been talking to my belly as well. He'll say his goodbyes to me in the morning before work then lean over rub my stomach and say goodbye to our baby too. It makes me smile just thinking about this.

He is going to be such an amazing father. If he treats this little one as amazing as he treats me it is going to be a blissful baby. I was just thinking back on when I was at my sickest and he would wake up extra early to not only clean the dirty dishes (which made me throw up that one time) but cook me breakfast because he knew it helped the nausea. There was also that one time when it was about 10pm and he came home from a long day out running errands and saw that I was starving and sick as a dog and the only thing on the whole planet that sounded edible was a loaf of whole grain bread. Not that sliced stuff but just a big loaf of bread. He went out right away and brought me back my bread. Now that is true love. I honestly do feel like the luckiest girl in the world to have such an amazing partner.

On a side note our cat Penny who is a bit of a wild child has been acting so strange around me. When I say strange I don't mean that in a bad way. She has actually been showing love and affection towards me! Since I got pregnant she will hop on the bed at night and knead my belly then lay down on my stomach for a good 30 minutes! Keep in mind, this is a cat that will rarely let you pet her on a good day. Maybe our unborn baby is a cat whisperer.



 Oh my gosh! Look at that impressive gut!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute that Penny is in love with your baby! They'll be the best of friends. I wonder how Klausy (I have no idea if I spelled that right) is going to react.

    Isn't it amazing to have such a sweet and attentive husband to you and your baby? That's how Nathan was too. The same thing happened to me where I was lying in bed in the dark at like 9pm and Nathan came home from work and I was craving something. I don't even remember what it was now, probably fruit or something, that was my biggest craving, but he was so sweet and went out and got it for me. And he is the BEST daddy ever, so I know Mike will be a wonderful daddy. Especially after seeing him in CO and how sweet he was with Isaac.

    Speaking of cute kitties and puppies, Nathan and I went to Petsmart yesterday for fun and they were having a grand opening of pet adoptions from the humane society and there was a really cute coonhound that Nathan really liked. If we had a place that was bigger than 900 sq ft and an actual yard we probably would have adopted him, but alas, we do not. Plus I have no idea how to train a dog. I would have to ask you for advice on that Britt :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post. Thank you and congratulations sister. Very excited for you and Mike.

    Love Doug

    ReplyDelete