Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Pop (Weeks 13-14)

It has finally arrived, the belly. The nice potbelly that protrudes from every outfit I own. I always thought I would be ashamed of this stage because I would look more chubby than I would pregnant but I don't feel that way at all. In fact I try to wear clothing that accentuates the bump. I am really proud of this gut!
The only downside I've noticed it that my jeans are SO tight at the waist and I have undo the top button if I want to sit down comfortably. This has left me wearing a lot of yoga pants to work which is okay with me.
This is also the mark of the beginning of the second trimester. I am 1/3 finished with this pregnancy already. I can't help but feel like this is going to go by in a flash. I can't decide if that will be a good thing or not.
I thought it would never happen but I am actually starting to feel like my regular self again (with the exception of the belly). My morning sickness has gone from a 9 to about a 2 and I feel like I can eat normal foods again. No more bland tasteless treats for me! I have more energy and it is SO wonderful. I didn't realize how much I took my body for granted before.
Now that I have more energy and motivation I am going to begin "project hip expansion" if I am going to do this birth natural I am going to do everything that is humanly possibly to make it as quick and painless as possible. I know I'm kidding myself if I think this will be painless so we'll just say as quick as possible. I want to shoot for that 4 hour birth not the 24 hour birth.
What is Project Hip Expansion you ask? It will be routine of yoga two times a week and belly dancing classes. I took belly dancing classes a few years ago and remember my pregnant teacher telling me that because her hips were so loose from belly dancing her labor only lasted a couple of hours. Yup, that is exactly what I want.

1 comment:

  1. Hip expansion is a great idea! I can tell you that owning your birth fully and having no fear is very important too during labor. I know that's why mine was so quick. I was very blessed

    ReplyDelete