Sunday, October 16, 2011

Spilling the Beans (week8)

With just mere hours to go, the anticipation of our first doctors visit was nerve wrecking and exciting.
I was finally 8 weeks along and our little embryo was the size of a kidney bean.
I wasn't really sure what to expect at the first doctors visit but I knew it would take about an hour. When we arrived I filled out the usual forms, got my blood drawn, and waited pant-less in the exam room to find out if our little bean was healthy.
The nurse came in and got straight to the point. Would you like to see your baby?
I didn't even realize that it was possible to see it so soon! Yes of course!
It only took about 5 seconds to find out little bean. Well, it looked more like a gummy bear. But sure enough you could see little nubby arms and legs. Then we got to hear the heartbeat. That is when I started crying. It was beautiful. This tiny tiny bean was mine, inside me with a tiny, very fast heartbeat.
Even the nurse was glowing she was smiling almost as big as I was. She explained that this was one of the favorite parts of her job. I can only imagine!
She printed us some pictures and we were finally released to spread the word to all of our family and friends about the wonderful news.
I didn't miss a beat. I got on the phone right away and began calling everyone in my family. It was so invigorating to sense everyones excitement. It finally began to sink in that this was real.
I was really pregnant.
I was really growing a tiny person inside of me.



No comments:

Post a Comment