Sunday, June 17, 2012

One Month = sleep, poop, poop, eat

I am writing this late. Liam is two months now but I am going to reminisce from last month as the thought of doing a blog post never crossed my very sleep deprived, baby distracted mind.
As most of you all know by now, Liam is a beast. Just his size, his personality is that of an angel, a very very hungry angel. He popped out of the womb hungry! He was eating about every hour and a half to two hours everyday all day and night. It's funny, I was once one of those people who said "I've got two dogs, I'm prepared for parenting" HA hA HA! If only it were as easy as scooping dry food in a bowl twice a day!
I am keeping with my natural parenting and breastfeeding Liam. It is beautiful and wonderful but a lot of work. I read recently that breastfeeding is a labor of love and that could not be more true.
You can easily say that about parenting in general though.
I can't even begin to describe the feeling that child brings to my heart. He has opened a door in my soul that I never knew was even there. I could literally stare into his face all day and night and not tire of him. I look at his little hands and eyebrows and lips and toes and think to myself "I made that, I created that from just a couple of cells, WOW".
There wasn't a lot visually happening with his development during this month. I think it was just a major adjustment time for Mike and I getting use to this little human in our lives.
He is strong and has been able to hold his head up from the first moments after birth. Each day I see him getting stronger and stronger too.
He weighed in at 15.5lbs this month and 24.5in long.

No comments:

Post a Comment