Thursday, February 9, 2012

Woah! Put That Thing Away! Weeks 28-31


I am not doing so hot with keeping up with this blog every two weeks am I?

It has been a pretty hectic past 3 weeks. It started off with a shared shower in Fort Worth with my sister in law Stephanie who is due any day now!  Most of the turnout was from Mike’s side of the family who were so generous and great to hang out with! I also got to see my friend Jayne who I haven’t seen in almost 5 years!

This is also the busiest time for work at my job. I would typically thrive on being super busy at work but having a human strapped to my abdomen definitely makes it difficult. Sitting for too long makes my ribs ache and standing too long makes me dizzy and have to pee. It pretty much makes me feel like a whiney beast all the time.

It was all worth it though because of this past weekend. Me, Mike and our friend Dehron all flew to Colorado (last flight before the baby!) for a fun-filled extended weekend.  My amazing friends Shannon and Heather threw me a spectacular shower where not only did we get a plethora of children’s books and wonderful gifts I got to see friends who I haven’t seen since we moved to Austin.  I was in heaven.


The weekend’s greatness just continued from there. We attended our dear friends Grant and Abbey’s wedding (the main reason for being in Colorado) that was held in the snowy mountains of Estes Park. All in all is was dream-like.

Enough about what I’ve been doing, let’s talk about baby bean!
I know you’re probably wondering, have you picked a name yet or what?! The answer is no. We do have a list started though. Unfortunately nothing we have our hearts set on. I had no idea how difficult this naming business would be!

At my last visit to the midwife I did the glucose test which we passed with flying colors. Unfortunately we didn’t do so hot on our iron levels. I am trying to eat more iron rich foods and I have a supplement I’ve been taking every day.  It’s sad that a lot of iron rich foods are ones that I don’t really like right now like red meat, dark greens such as kale and arugula and kidneys. It’s a shame there isn’t iron in chocolate because I would probably be over-dosing on that!

All in all I think everything is going well, with the exception of morning sickness, achy ribs, over active bladder, the baby kicking the over active bladder, the baby kicking all my organs all the time, and not sleeping. I put that in small print for those out there who don’t want to hear me whine or those out there who are planning on getting pregnant anytime soon. That is what you have to look forward to. Ahhh…

Now behold the next magical act…Britt turning into a killer whale!


This is what I would look like if we were expecting twins!

2 comments:

  1. Your tummy is so cute and amazing! I hope you start feeling a little better. I've probably already told you this but doing yard work really helped my energy levels in my third trimester. I think getting some good old fashioned Vitamin D was mostly why. My midwife told me to get my belly some Vitamin D so maybe wearing a HOT bikini top out doing yard work would be awesome for you and baby, if you are comfortable with that :) I think you look amazingly hot by the way. I mean, I've always thought that but you are seriously one sexy pregnant mama. I've been craving sugar and chocolate like crazy the last week too and did with Isaac too so don't feel too bad. My iron levels always seem to be really good so I don't have any great advice on that, sorry. Maybe go and eat some awesome brisket at your favorite BBQ place or something. Love you Britt! You are almost there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, you are beautiful!!! Hang in there, he'll be here before you know it! If you ever want to vent (I vividly recall calling Nat after trying to shave my legs in the shower and telling her I was ready for the alien invading my body to be here NOW), just pick up the phone!! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU ON THE 25TH!!!!!

    ReplyDelete